9.08.2005

Bellevue Hills 98008

Here I be at Sambica. So far my first two days have gone very well and the third is as well. Tuesday and Wednesday I was working with Chris "Magnum" in maintenance and that was a good experience. Chris is a general contractor outside of camp to help pay the bills. I like working with him. Good guy, good physical labor. Tuesday I mostly began painting the back side of Bethel, then Wednesday I painted in the morning and at the end of my shift, and in the middle Magnum and I were in and under 4022 (the house next to the office) chopping through pipes of various sorts with a sawzall to get them out of the house so we can replumb the whole thing (which I'm not sure I'll be a huge part of, since I'm in the kitchen the rest of the week). Oh yes, speaking of schedules. I do have to be out here on Saturday for the lunch shift, which hopefully won't go much past 2 or 3 (hopefully at the latest, 3:30).
As I'm sure so many know, it is traditional that most camps give staff "camp names." This is the case here at Sambica. However, since Lake Retreat didn't do such a thing the last two years, I didn't have one coming out here, so they decided they would give me one while I was here. Well, today Momma (the head chef/cook) unofficially camp named me Reach (because of my...reach). We'll see if it sticks.
I think that's about enough for now. This isn't the best keyboard to type on because of its position :). However, I might try to hit up the Issaquah library (a mere 5 miles away!) and see if they have wireless internet for me to laptop with (or I may just call first...). Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am :). M- where's my email :(?

No comments: