3.08.2006

Taken Care Of

All is well in the world.
Today I learned that my defective alternator that I bought from Schuck's has a lifetime warranty! BUT! Last night Rick installed my alternator because his guys stayed late finishing up some loose-end jobs, one of which was mine. However, the bill is payed, and Rick has a very trustworthy air about him, which was comforting for the nigh $500 just added to my credit card :S.
Rick suggested I take my alternator back to Schuck's to see if they'll pay me back for it. I'm openly pessimistic about it. I'm doubtful, but still think there's a chance it may work. At worst, I have a (in theory) well running car now, and I'll have an extra alternator...woo. Rick's work has a 1 year/12k mile warranty, so that's good. He said that includes towing; so if I break down in south Seattle they'll haul it back up (I joked with Lyd about road-trippin to Cali and calling Rick from LA and being like "Hey, how about that one year warranty :D"...mmk, not really...).
So right now, I'm feeling ok about the position I'm in. I work extra Friday night, and then babysitting Saturday is going to be a while. I start at 5, but Amy says it has a chance of running kind of late (I'm guessing 10-11), but that's ok because the boys will be in bed and the extra funds will be heartily accepted.

Good luck to all you kids preparing to finish your quarters. I do hope to see you all soon!

Sail away, sail away, sail away...


PS- I was jealous of Meg's blog, so I took a note from her and changed things up a bit. See if you can find them :).

4 comments:

Russ said...

Appreciate the wishes on finals - we really must get together at some point and watch a movie or some other such recreational activity. How'd the news on the alternator turn out? I hope you got something outta the lifetime warranty. Talk to you soon!

Russ said...

I can post multiple comments!

Russ said...

Ha, thus I will make a mockery of your new changes to your blog!

Russ said...

Ok, my comments are probably getting slightly irritating now...