"...Inside my mind."
My instinal defect was as short lived as was hoped. The worst of it was Saturday (which was my busiest day of work- no good), then after a full night's rest, I was feeling considerably better Sunday morning. It turned out I only had to work Sunday breakfast and lunch, but not dinner! So I got to go have fun with the famous foursome (Mel, Lyd, Jason and I) watching Equilibrium (under Jenny's suggestion, though I'd already seen it) and eating my wonderful cookies (no names named... :D). Too bad I didn't have any white chocolate chips to put in my cookies, or they would've been the toppest of notches (and surprisingly so).
Today work was a slow start, but that's life. I at least get more rest each night to recover from this mad weekend (getting up at 8 instead of 7). All I ate Saturday dinner through lunch today was basically toast with toast for snack except for some chicken noodle soup Sunday lunch and a corndog at lunch today. Tonight we made cornbread- and bacon-stuffed porkchops for dinner with some herb & butter rice (-a-roni), a little salad with baby spinach for greens and french silk pie (kudos to the Tamm's for buying it) for dessert. It was quite the respite from all this toast I had to actually try and take care of myself (what with being all on me onesies).
Ah yes, as for those two letters I was going to send out, I only had time for one (so the other person is quite out of luck). However, I now have two more articles to post and shall be quite happy to get them on their way as their time comes. But enough of all that, it's time for sleepy. I even brought in the only blanket I hadn't yet from my car, a nice old afghan to try and keep me warm at night (L- your help is unspeakably immense).
For now, au revoir, and don't let ze bed bugs bite.
Ah yes, and everyone pray for Short-stack.
No comments:
Post a Comment