RUF is good.
Just got back from another sermon from the one and only Ed Dunnington that, once again, hit home. Don't you love/hate it when the pastors sermon is hitting you from every side? It seems like everything he said was right on. My favorite cop-out ("I'm human, that's how I'm supposed to be") was like a butter knife and burnt steak: it just wasn't going to cut it.
"You shall have no other gods before me."
- Exodus 20:3, the First Commandment (title added for no reason in particular)
One verse, eight words, infinite content. Basically, I suck and need to get my act together (what a contrast to previous posts...). I always find some lame excuse. If I do so with a pure heart and intent, it wouldn't be so bad. But, I just always seem to use the same excuses over and over, tried and true.
Fin.
I'm pulling the plug on me (no, not commiting suicide). Time to get my game together; bring in the clutch players; call in the relief pitcher. Find any sort of witty comment/analogy you want, it's go time.
I've been praying to find direction in my life, to see the path set before me.
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
- Psalm 119:105
This I prayed, and it seems it has been answered. The path I've been searching for, pawing desperately for in the dark, is God himself. There have been so many things I've selfishly been praying for, trying to keep a clear mind and pure thoughts, but to little or no avail. So, through God's word in writing and speaking through Ed, I now know what lies before me: I must simply walk the straight and narrow.
Thus begins the next journey in my life, to live for God. I guess I've been doing pretty well to now, but haven't really applied myself. I've always just used faith as, perhaps, an excuse. I have been using God for me, rather than giving myself up - losing my life, to gain His - and using myself for God.
"Again Jesus said, 'Peace be with you! As the father has sent me, I am sending you.' And with that he breathed on them and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."
- John 20:21-22
No comments:
Post a Comment