8.13.2005

A Girl Worth Fighting For!

First, the serious part. After my Ecclesiastical rampage last Wednesday (packing up the odds and ends of our house into the truck we were running out of time, so I just started throwing everything into a pile for goodwill, all the time my brain screaming "meaningless! meaningless! everything is meaningless!") my brain kind of got into that mind set. Let me tell you all, it is not a fun way to have your brain but at the same time, it's exactly how we should think (it gets a lot better after the first day). I suppose this is where the title makes a little more sense (besides the fact that I got the Mulan soundtrack on cassette and have been listening to it in the truck) because this same view got into the - for lack of a better term - sex-drive in my brain :S. Sounds weird, yes, but still very relevant. You see, it has gotten through my thick skull that although I really, really want a girlfriend (so as to have a place to vent my romantic lunacies) that it's, well, Meaningless! I have come to the conclusion that since I intend on 'dating' with the intent of marriage, no manner or extent of worrying, struggling or otherwise making a fuss with myself will matter. It's all Meaningless (my new favorite word)! Since I'm not there yet, none of this matters a bit (except for my own sanity) until the very day that I am ready to ask Ashley (as Em has dubbed her) to marry me. So that front is quite taken care of for the moment (hoorah!). M- feel free to remind me of anything important I forgot to mention :).
Now for the rest.
I was going to download Hello so as to post pictures I've been taking onto my blog, but they haven't made Hello for Macs yet! So unless I can find another way to get them up, you'll just have to wait! Today we made it to Phoenix! I'm in our hotel room now typing all this. Day one was home down to Tigard, OR. Day two was computers, Rob and driving from Tigard down to Yreka, CA. Day three was Yreka, In'n'Out for lunch in Redding and on down to Kettleman, CA. Today was Kettleman all the way to Phoenix, AZ! Thus endeth our road trip! Tomorrow we're going to meet up with my mom's cousins somewhere around. Monday or Tuesday we move my mom into her place and Thursday we move my sister into her dorm and then I fly home! Speaking of home, apparently my mom's friend's company desperately wants me to work for them! So after I get back, I'll have an easy breezy steady job for the two weeks before I (almost 100%!) head to Sambica on Sept. 1. God provides (and abundantly)! I'm going to see if I can convince my mom to rent a convertible some time this week (Meaningless!)...Or perhaps one of her cousins has one (that would be too handy)...
Ok next is towns that I've driven past! Hopefully I can remember all the really important ones. Such as:
[Darth] Vader, Los Banos [The Bathrooms], Battle Ground [I'm sure someone during camp was from there...], Palm Springs, and a few others that I totally knew I wouldn't remember long enough to get to my computer! Anyways, it was fun seeing some places I'd only heard of on signs as I drove by.
Oh, to whom it applies: I think we're getting my plane ticket some time tomorrow or something to that effect, so I should know when I'm flying home soon enough. Who's ready for a house-warming party!? For some reason I feel like it's already a lot later in the week than it is (it's not even Sunday yet!). But that's ok, it shall be as so soon enough! See you all when I see you, if not sooner or later.

No comments: