We've made it. We're at my mom's rental home (until she finds a real house to move into). My mom has two job interviews tomorrow and my sister has to go back to the MVD (Motor Vehicle Division) to get her WA plates switched to AZ plates.
Hey, did you check out this sweet new blog title? Man that things wicked... In the house we have cable tv and cable internet. So we have this crazy setup. The cable runs from the wall, to a splitter. One side of the splitter runs to the cable modem, which then runs to the Applie AirPort Express Base Station (which turns our single ethernet cable into a wireless signal so our house is wi-fi), the other side of the splitter runs from the splitter to the digital cable box, from the box to the VCR, and from the VCR to the TV. So many cords... But that's ok. And did you see this sweet fan we've got? Go check that out further down on the blog.
I miss home. Well, whatever home is... The Croziers are camping until Sunday, so I'll have two or three nights back with no bed! Anyone want to host me :D? It's like I'm a missionary! Except, you know, I'm just going "home." But that's ok. You know why? Because I'm an official Camp Sambica intern! Woohoo! I start September 1. bad news is that next week I'm swamped (22-26). Each day I'll be working from 7-3 at my mom's friend's company (easy work) then each night I'll be heading out to Lake Sammamish for intern training/orientation from 7-10! This of course means no resthome :(. But, the following week I believe that I shall be able to go! I do hope I have time to hang out with everyone before school starts for everyone.
Anyhow, see most of you Friday or this weekend or something (hopefully). Russ, did you ever get that banjo? I hope so. I'm sure you can pick that thing a bit better than I can ;). G'day y'all (southern Oz accent).
Edit: Hmm, well after further investigation (and the Sambica website being updated), I would like to make the offer of a life-time to all you blog fans! Here's how it goes:
"Raising Funds to serve at SAMBICA:
As a 501c3 non-profit SAMBICA can offer a means for your family and friends to support you and receive a tax deduction in the process. We did not have this set up in the past but will for the coming year. You can raise funds up to a designated limited. These funds, up to the limit, will be put aside to supplement your income. Any amount raised above and beyond that will go to assist other interns who could not raise the needed amount. Funds raised beyond the total will be used to assist in the purchase of training and discipleship materials used in the intern program. If this is an option you would like to pursue, then please contact Executive Director Mike McCorkle for more details.
Checks will be sent to:
SAMBICA CAMP AND CONFERENCE CENTER
4114 West Lake Sammamish Pkwy S.E.,
Bellevue, WA 98008
For more information call:
Executive Director Mike McCorkle at 206-730-3668 or 425-746-9110"
In summary, I'm doing this whole adult life thing. I'll be flying solo and I'm not sure how I'll fair. But, if you'd like to support me, then you'll get this wonderful tax deduction! I think I send out support letters so it's a little more formal, but there you have it...
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment