Friday:
Opened at work, quick day. Kids in the morning, worked on the dining hall trench, lunch, then finished the trench. Got off an hour early (put in an extra hour thursday :D), headed north. Chronicles of Narnia with Lyd at Loews (didn't get there as soon as we'd hoped, but still had decent seats). Good movie. The kids were great (especially Lucy!). Teriyaki chicken burritos for dinner? I think that's what we had.Saturday:
Jingle Bell Breakfast at church, fun times. Lyd won a door prize (she had her name pulled last year, but she wasn't there [Chris Brum put her name in]), Chad had pancakes the size of our plates for Lyd and I (and Chris when he arrived).After that, we were off to Mrs. Judd's memorial. We sang My Jesus I Love Thee and Stay Still in the Hands of the Potter. We sounded decent. We were missing our alto part (and subsequently, the bass part), but both songs were pretty well unison anyway, so it was alright. Chris gave a little word about Mrs. Judd from us. Grandma and Grandpa T cried :(.
Saturday night was ice cream at Lyd's after she got off work. Jacob and I came up from UCU, and on 164th we randomly happened upon Nikos and Brad driving back to the Loutsis's! So, they followed us over to join the fun and partake in sweets. Interesting boys, those two :).
Sunday:
Breakfast at Top Pot in Seattle. Of course, this was the day of the Jingle Bell Run, so there were cars Everywhere downtown and parking was a big hastle (on top of already being a little behind). We ended up parking three blocks from the place. We got there (lots of runners getting coffee/donuts) and had our food and made way to church. We arrived a few minutes late to church (oops :S). After church was lunch; hamburgers and pan-fried french fries. The fries were done very well (amazing!). After lunch was nap time! Everyone's favorite part of the day. I think nap time might become an official Sunday activity :D? Eventually it was time to get ready and make the trip down to Seattle for...The Nutcracker! Woo! Best ever. I love going to the Nutcracker and was glad to be able to again after a year respite. My aunt up in Alaska got me tickets for it, and they were well appreciated. Lots of traffic, almost late. Made it ok, enjoyed our time there, swam back through the crowd to the car and headed north.
We were going to get chinese for dinner, but of course they close early on Sundays (we were a little over an hour past closing), so we redirected ourselves to Arby's, then headed over to the Carlson's for the Survivor finale (I like the competitions).
That was my weekend. The one coming should be quite as eventful. Both girls coming home, no work and only a week until I head down to Arizona... Should be interesting. I hope I can make the best of the time I have for my break.
I'll be praying for all you kids in finals. I have a sticky on my computer for days and times. If you want to drop a comment or send an email or IM I can add you, too :).
1 comment:
Isn't Narnia great? I really thought Lucy did an incredible job. The actress is only 10 years old but I thought she was the best of all of them.
Post a Comment