I figured I would post an update of life while I still had the chance.
As far as camps go, I'm done at Lake Retreat (did I already say that?). I applied at Qwanoes, but the staff assistant they had last year is coming back this year, so no Canada for me. I turned in my application at Sambica yesterday and got to sit down with Mike McCorkle for a quick interview of sorts. It sounds like a really good way to learn about camping (it's a way to get a look at what the off-season offers without going in all the way and regretting it). I'm optimistic about getting this intern position and from what I got talking with Mike, there's a good chance for it! I'm really, really, Really, really, really, hoping I get this internship there. I found out one of the guys that came to Lake Retreat last year is also doing this internship, so I'm glad if I do it that I already know somebody.
I also sent an email to Craig Piefer at Black Lacke Bible Camp (down south of Olympia on Black Lake), but no word back from him yet. But I don't care, I'm just praying that I get to go to Sambica. I'm so pumped up for it I can't contain myself! Perhaps that just means I'm setting myself up for a big letdown but meh, I think I have a good possibility of getting it.
Tomorrow morning we're packing up our truck for the move to AZ. Speaking of, if any of you aren't busy tomorrow morning, please come help! I'm the only guy here, and we need a few more strong arms to help lift big things (like the couch and such), so I hope some of you read this soon enough and can make it (Jacob?...). We're leaving Wednesday morning and stopping down in OR to visit Rob for a bit. I guess I'm staying down there until about next thursday or friday? My sister moves into her dorm on the 18th, and hopefully I can get a late flight out on that night so I can be back for the weekend!
I need lots of prayer for my life coming ahead. Travel, work, home, life...everything really. This is the craziest thing ever, and I'm really not looking forward to it. Well, I'm looking forward to Sambica (hopefully) but none of the rest. Hopefully I won't die... Or lose my funny ;).
Catch y'all on the other side...some time...ever...I think...yeah...
3 comments:
I hope you get the internship at Sambica. When would you start? UCU is having our fall retreat there this year, so it would be awesome if you were there then too!
What the moving?! Who and when is moving to AZ? Judging from your talk about Sambica, I hope not you... How have I not heard about this? What we have here is failure to communicate my friend!:) Jacob already beat me to it, but I was gonna say, I have to work all day, but I could come help in the evening if you saved some of the heavier items?
Let me also say Amen to your earlier post Bruce, it sounds like you are learning much. This last year has been a lot of the same stuff for me it sounds like- as important as they both are, you can't build your life around yourself or friends, its gotta be God! The rest will come in its place... Now if we could just have peace with that:S
Good luck with Sambica and all, let me know if you could use some help tomorrow night or at any other point!
~Russ
i'm gonna be working too, which is odd for someone who doesn't have a job...
but i'll be praying, and i'll be in texas, which just might be closer than waaaa so there.
Post a Comment